Prev: DS2 (Was [FT] ) Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?) Next: Re: [FT] Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?)

Re: [FT] IJN Designs?

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:35:46 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT] IJN Designs?

>Ground Zero Games wrote:
>> 4 x fighter groups (plus the new-style "spider" stands)
>Um, can you explain a bit what these are (the stands that is)? Is there
>a picture anywhere?

There's a pic in our latest update sheet, but not on the website yet (my
fault....!)  :-(
Basically, it's a metal bit that fits on top of a standard plastic
starship
stand post, consisting of a small central hub with 6 thin arms radiating
out from it; the arms are of varying lengths, and each has a small "pad"
on
the end. You can bend the arms up or down slightly as desired, then you
glue your fighters to the pads on the ends; when the "spider" is painted
black to match the stand, and the fighters are in a nice bright paint
scheme, the visual effect of a group flying at various levels is quite
effective.  Of course, if you just want to use, say, 3 fighter models to
represent a group, you can just clip 3 arms off.
We've been including the spider stands in the mega-Fleet deals, but they
are available separately (code FT-002) at 50p (0.50 UKP) each, which
includes the plastic base & post as well.

Jon (GZG)