Prev: Re: colonial weapons Next: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?

Re: FT-IJN Designs?

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:27:13 -0500
Subject: Re: FT-IJN Designs?

 From Jaime:

> Well one can also look not just at the historical perspective but the
> anime perspective :) The models themselves have a definate anime look
> them so they could be designed around that philosophy.
>
> * lots of fighters

Two types:
1 "standard," "torpedo", and "interceptor" along the lines of Dean's TIE

fighters: 12 per group, though they play exactly like equivalent normal
groups of 6 as far as attack and damage. It's the visual effect I'm
looking for.
2 "attack", and "heavy" - Mecha fighters. Groups of 6 or less - even
single units - that attack and degrade just like normal groups of 6. One

Mecha fighter, for example, takes up to 6 points of damage and degrades
effectiveness as it takes damage.

> * 1 or 2 really big guns then lots and lots of small and medium ones
> for light effects

Basically a bristle of PDS (the "small turrets") and a few C1's (the
"big turrets")

> * fill the rest with missiles
>	- SMRs are good because you'll get a lot of ordinance out in one
shot
> and are fairly short range making good cinematography

Any panel that looks like it might slide or flower open to reveal a
missile rack.

I agree that this should be the model for the Japanese fleet. Any 20th
century war model is 200 years out of date.

Zone Brain Germ  (The nearly fatal bug Noam R. Izenberg caught last time

Prev: Re: colonial weapons Next: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?