Prev: Re: [FT] IJN Designs? Next: Re: [FT] IJN Designs?

Steam Engines was How much does FTL travel cost?

From: "Scott Clinton" <grumbling_grognard@h...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 00:15:45 -0600
Subject: Steam Engines was How much does FTL travel cost?

>Our highest tech engine is a steam engine.   How do you think a
>nuclear plant turns heat into electricity?
>
>Roger Books

No.  The steam engine (turbine actually) itself is actually not
high-tech at
all.  It may be a very refined version of a low-tech device (to be
efficient
as possible) but the turbine itself has nothing to do with the actual
nuclear reaction that produces the energy.

Scott Clinton

Prev: Re: [FT] IJN Designs? Next: Re: [FT] IJN Designs?