Prev: Re: How much does FTL travel cost? Next: Re: [FT] IJN Designs?

Re: colonial tech

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:16:06 EST
Subject: Re: colonial tech

Just a thought about colonies and their 'tech level' - it might, no
*will*	vary dramatically.  Science colonies might not have heavy
industry but in put a problem to a team of good
engineers/biologists/linguists/chemists and you might get some great
'patches' to a problem or even a new way to do 'business' in some arena.

"Agricultural" colonies will almost have (even in low tech) some machine
plant capacity (I think that's the term I want) to keep the tractors,
harvesters, and other implements running.  And industrial mining,
chemical production planets will have tech suitable to make the colony
viable.As for 'population colonies' (Penal, dissident, expanding the
empire, military planets, population overflow, whatever) will vary
dramatically in what level of tech the 'home government' deems suitable
to make the colony "work" (survive)!

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: How much does FTL travel cost? Next: Re: [FT] IJN Designs?