Prev: Re: colonial weapons Next: Re: colonial weapons

RE: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......

From: "Noel Weer" <noel.weer@v...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:06:39 -0600
Subject: RE: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......

BTW, my Japanese mega fleet arrived today (more shipping praise for GZG
- I
ordered them Thursday or Friday (I forget) and the arrived Wednesday in
the
mail. They are as cool as their pictures seemed.

Large, threatening, and now I just need to finalize my paint scheme...

From: "Ground Zero Games" <jon@gzg.keme.co.uk>

> Spheres are a REAL pain in metal, especially once they get over about
an
> inch in diameter, because that's about how thick the moulds we use are
-
> hence any part has to be less than that in at least one dimension.
Even if
> hollow, each hemisphere is restricted in this way.

Assuming two 1" hemispheres and an equatorial ring ( 1 cm ) , this
brings
you to about 6 cm total diameter. That would be about cruiser size ? So
perhaps OK for a minor power's ships.

For bigger designs, you could do linked spheres, like the SOL:
http://www.perry-rhodan.net/html/s/sol.html

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: colonial weapons Next: Re: colonial weapons