Prev: Re: colonial weapons Next: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?

Re: Speaking of verdammt pet peeves!

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:40:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Speaking of verdammt pet peeves!

At 5:11 PM -0800 1/29/02, John Atkinson wrote:

>Uh, guys!  If we're assuming nanites to the level that
>the most optomistic SF writers (and anyone discussing
>nanites is an SF writer regardless of how many PhDs
>they have), then we're not playing Stargrunt OR
>Dirtside OR Full Thrust.  We're not fighting over
>resources, we have NO economic costs, and every person
>is effectively immortal and invincible.

John, you do know that I was being sarcastic about the self reparing
tank right?

>Screw that and the horse it rode in on.

Aye.

[snip]

>Two Words:  West Virginia.  The Canadian way to spell
>this is "Newfoundland."

Or Hokkaido in Japanese, though admittedly less uneducated than those
in WV or Newfoundland.

>Shall we count the nations that produce Main Battle
>Tanks, boys and girls?  Remember there are 130-mumble
>nations recognized by the UN:
>
>US
>UK
>France
>FRG
>fUSSR (IIRC, their tank production is mostly in Russia
>and Ukraine, not sure on this).
>PRC
>Japan
>Korea
>Egypt (which recently started assembling their own
>M-1s from kits, IIRC)
>Israel
>South Africa

India does have a tank though many are calling the White Elephant.
And just because all those other nations may have the automotive
industry doesn't mean they can turn around and start turning out MBTs
in a few years.

--
Ryan Gill	  |	   |	     rmgill@mindspring.com
		  |	   |

Prev: Re: colonial weapons Next: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?