Prev: Re: In praise of St Jon. Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

Re: FT-IJN Designs?

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@a...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 00:56:29 +1100
Subject: Re: FT-IJN Designs?

From: <bob_eldridge@mindspring.com>

> Great minds do think alike<g>. I've been thinking along those exact
same
lines waiting for my Japanese fleet megadeal to arrive.

My thoughts on the IJN, based on WW2 IJN.

Small ships - "Long Lance" MT missiles, the ones with 5 range, or a Mix.
Medium ships - vast quantities of Beam-2s, a la Mogami, Chikuma etc,
which
when originally constructed had something like 15 6" guns.
At least one should have 12+ MT missiles instead of beam-2's.
Large ships - Hermaphrodite carriers a la Ise and Hiei
CVLs - fragile, slow, lots of fighters for their size, which is small.
CVAs - fast, large, not well armed or protected, rely on speed.
SuperShips - Make Komarovs look weedy. 4 Beam-4s in the forward arc
(only),
which makes a pretty powerful "spinal mount" a la Space Cruiser Yamato,
only without the need for Yet Another Vunder Veapon.

Prev: Re: In praise of St Jon. Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS