Prev: Re: Pounds, Shillings, and Pence Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

[OT] The gauntlet has been thrown, picked up, and used to smack someone

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 00:14:35 -0500
Subject: [OT] The gauntlet has been thrown, picked up, and used to smack someone

John the daring says:
Gold is trading at $282.00 per oz, right now
(commodity price for gold bullion according to Monex).
 So $100 US, that's .354 oz of gold.  On 1 Jan 2015,
if there is an unclassified deployment of an
operational man-portable laser weapon not intended for
use in vacuum by the US Armed Forces, I will remit to
you .354 oz of gold, converted into the currency of
your choice, provided we are both still alive and
communicating in any form.  I don't think $100 US will
be quite such a significant sum in 13 years.

[Tomb] I said in 2015. 2015 isn't over until 0000 hrs Jan 01 2016. On
_that_ date, if the US has not deployed a functional laser weapon (as a
sniper weapon or for some directly human damaging function) that is
infantry-man portable, I will render unto thee an equivalent of .354
ounces of gold (Troy ounces I assume?). Currency of your choice, barred
only by the difficulty of you being a wiseguy and suggesting Denaari or
something obscure and unconvertible... ;)

The alive and communicating thing are both conjectural mind you... ;)

BTW, _When_I_take_your_money_ (note I said when), I'll buy you a beer
anyway. I'm not a sore winner. :)

Prev: Re: Pounds, Shillings, and Pence Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS