Prev: Re: Stargate the Movie and SG-1 TV series Next: Re: In praise of St Jon.

Re: In praise of St Jon.

From: Ray Forsythe <erf2@g...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:54:09 -0500
Subject: Re: In praise of St Jon.

David D. Taylor wrote:

>     I would like to publicly	commend Jon and GZG for his costumer
> service.  I forgot to put the expiration date on the order and when he

> didn't get a reply to the email he sent he called from England to
> Western NY, a 5 hour difference, to get it so he can finish the order.

> There are stores around here that wouldn't even have bothered with the

> email.  They would have just waited for me to call to find out were
the
> order was.  This level of customer care is sadly laking nowadays.
This
> and the fact that the VAT discount almost covered my shipping is
> definitely making me want to order from him again.
>     The only problem I have is when he told me what the final cost is
he
> gave it to me in X Pounds, Y Shillings.  What is a Shilling?
>

> David D. Taylor
> --
> His madness keeps him sane.				--Delirium
> And do you think he is the only one, my sister?   --Dream
> dtaylor@pce.net     PGP key Available     ICQ # 1851388
>		ICQ Pager wwp.mirabilis.com/1851388

Apparently, before the introduction of a decimal currency system in
1971, the
British pound was divided in 20 shillings, each of which was divided
into 12
pennies.

http://web.staffs.ac.uk/schools/humanities_and_soc_sciences/resprac2/old
money.htm

Essentially, it's 1/20th of a pound.

--
Ray Forsythe

Prev: Re: Stargate the Movie and SG-1 TV series Next: Re: In praise of St Jon.