Prev: Re: colonial weapons Next: colonial weapons

Re: RPG STATISTICAL ANALYSIS!

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:57:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: RPG STATISTICAL ANALYSIS!

--- DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:

> MY GOD!
>
> one dead APC for  every 400 RPG rounds  fired.. . .

Uh, I have an innate tendency to disbelieve any and
all statistics produced in Vietnam.  For a variety of
reasons.

> night  engagement, i counted 13 M-113s burned   out
> or immobilized from
> from RPG hits.

And anyone who thinks they can say exactally how many
RPGs were fired to kill those M-113s is straight
guessing, right?  I presume the ARVNs and their
advisor were a little busy to sit down and take notes.
 So if the question got asked, someone took a guess
and that guess got put down as a fact and factored
into the calculations.

> also, track after track, had bullet holes punched
> through their  "armor"
> from 12.7 mm HMG hits, as well 12.7mm and 7.62mm
> bullets stuck into the
> "armor" that failed  to penetrate.

M-113 early versions weren't intended to stop anything
past 7.62mm.  Couldn't today without applique armor,
which the US doesn't use.

John

Prev: Re: colonial weapons Next: colonial weapons