Prev: Re: 2300 AD - GZG Next: Re: Re: OT: On keeping domesticated peeves as pets --> Re[2]: Colonists and Weapons

Re: 2300 AD - GZG

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:18:21 -0800
Subject: Re: 2300 AD - GZG

Edward Lipsett wrote:

>Yup; and once anything Traveler-related can be used, the possibilities
>are endless.
>Basically, tho, I think most of the 2300AD fans just like the
>background. The mechanics are simple and often elegant, but not Nobel
>Prize stuff.

I like the concept behind T2K, it opens up all sorts of opportunities.
One
of the things I like is that it presents you with a future where there
is
some advanced weaponry around, but with a regressed society, without
forcing
all sorts of magic/pseudo D&D stuff on you (a la Shadowrun or Rifts).
Of
course, if you WANT the magic or supernatural bent to it, I forgot to
mention Dark Conspiracy, which uses the same system also.  Sort of a T2K

meets Call of Cthulu.

2B^2

Prev: Re: 2300 AD - GZG Next: Re: Re: OT: On keeping domesticated peeves as pets --> Re[2]: Colonists and Weapons