Prev: colonial weapons (chip fabs and colony math) Next: Re: colonial weapons (chip fabs and colony math)

Re: colonial weapons

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:53:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: colonial weapons

--- Tomb <tomb@dreammechanics.com> wrote:
> Ryan said:
>  What do you think goes into a Laser of 2183?
> Electronics?
>
> [Tomb] Maybe. Depends on what design advances are
> made.
> - pour in sand, get out chips. (a little more to it
> than that, but maybe not).

Tom,
     The problem with the oversimplification of
the design/production process is the end of
FT as a game!	The large fleets of warships
are created to protect the large fleets of
civilian freighters that ply the spaceways.
If no need exists for freighters, I.E. colonies
become self sustaining after a generation or two,
trade becomes extinct and the excuse for the
game ceased to exist.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: colonial weapons (chip fabs and colony math) Next: Re: colonial weapons (chip fabs and colony math)