Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard...... Next: Re: colonial weapons

Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 00:21:31 GMT
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......

In message <Pine.GSO.4.21.0201281911350.22994-100000@angelo>
	  JEREMY CLARIDGE <jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

> > But while on the point, who among you would LIKE to see a PAU fleet?
Or a
> > Romanov one? Or Indonesian? Or LLAR? Or Dutch, Scandinavian, New
Indian
> > Republic, Free People's Democratic Republic of Central Rutland,
> > whatever.....?  ;-)
> > Jon (GZG)
>
> And the flood gates did open and there was much wailing and
> nashing of teeth amongst the Ground Pounders! :)
>
> Jeremey
> germ@germy.co.uk
> www.germy.co.uk

Well, my personal preferences are more towards what the ships _look_
like, rather than who they are 'supposed' to belong to :-)

Some sleeker, more streamlined designs would make an interesting
contrast to the existing designs.

Another idea, developed from one I suggested to St^3 Jon a while ago (at
Colours, I think), would be to have an 'aftermarket conversion bits set'
for each fleet - this would contain a set of extra detailing bits, such
as sensor dishes (or raydomes), weapon turrets, PDS arrays, AFDC
systems (probably just a small raydome) towers, possibly spare engines
etc. depending on which fleet it was for. Could even add (where
feasable) larget bridge sections to create 'command' varients. Of the
existing fleets, the KV, UNSC, IJN, and possibly IF fleets would most
easily suit this concept (Jon has mentioned that the weapons turrets on
the UN and IJN ships interchange).

You could even have a giant version of one of those Japanese back-banner
things for the IJN ships :-) :-) :-)

Charles

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard...... Next: Re: colonial weapons