Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard...... Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

Re: FT-IJN Designs?

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:32:14 +0100
Subject: Re: FT-IJN Designs?

A couple of points:

>3 Cl.1 bats (same number as FC`s, to allow for dual use as PDS).

A single FCS can guide any number of B1s in PD mode.

>Fighters-For something different, how about fighters JUST being carried
on
>carriers, none on DN/SD`s* (just a idea, that would be different from
>everyone else, and allow creation and casting of light carriers).

While this is currently unique for the published HUMAN forces, it is
identical to the Phalon
fighter doctrine.

>Heres a example of a BB design as I would see it-
>
>M=120 NPV=409

No, NPV = 412. See below.

>FTL (12/24)
>Thrust=4 (24/48)
>Hull=30 (30/60)

Hm. While this does squeeze by as "Average", it is rather on the Weak
side
- clashes somewhat with the "except maybe the heavies (strong?)" bit.

>Screens x1 (6/18)
>FC`s x3 (3/9)

FCSs cost 4 pts each, so should be (3/12)

>Cl.1 x3 (3/9)
>Cl.3 (5A) x4 (32/96)
>Armour x5 (5/10)
>PDS x5 (5/15)

Apart from that it's legal :-/

oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard...... Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS