Prev: Re: Colonists and Weapons Next: Re: [OT] Some list def'n

Re: SLAM equipped Miniatures - size concerns of the miniatures themselves

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:28:29 -0800
Subject: Re: SLAM equipped Miniatures - size concerns of the miniatures themselves

Tony Francis wrote:

> > I love CinC's stuff too.  I have a bunch of M109s that fit in
perfectly
>with my GHQ M1s.  They have less detail than GHQ models though.
> > I don't really find all GZG minis to be that big though.  The Triton

>medium tank is just slightly smaller than a GHQ M1.  Although
> > things like the Deimos are huge, they're supposed to represent huge
>GEV/Grav tanks that no longer have to worry about road limitations.
> > On the other hand, most Scotia Models moderns actually seem too
small to
>be used with GHQ models.  Anyone else noticed this problem?
>
>Probably because the Scotia models are 1/300th scale, whereas GHQ are
>1/285th. It's a fairly small scale difference, but enough to be
visible.
>Allow a bit of 'scale creep' as well (I have some GHQ models which are
>definitely larger than their stated scale) and the difference will be
>significant.

Be all that as it may, I wonder how many people run games where one
forces
"6mm" stuff is significantly different in scale to the other forces
"6mm",
and how gracious people are in overlooking this difference?

One other observation:

I recently purchased an old mini, still packaged, called a "Moon Bus".
It
could pass for 2mm OR 6mm OR 10mm, depending on what you define it as.
As a
VTOL or GEV vehicle, it looks to be 6-10mm.  As a lander, it's probably
2mm.

Has anyone noticed that using an assault lander model in the same scale
as
the vehicles makes it take up HUGE amounts of ground?  I was thinking of

using s smaller scale of lander model.	I know it's esthetically less
attractive to have tank models as large a s the lander "exiting" it, but
in
terms of ground scale, it seems more practical.  Has anyone considered
this
issue before?

2B^2

Prev: Re: Colonists and Weapons Next: Re: [OT] Some list def'n