Prev: Re: colonial tech Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

Re[2]: small carrier expense

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:14:02 -0500
Subject: Re[2]: small carrier expense

I'm not totally up on the rules yet, but in most sci-fi settings I've
read, the FTL drive is the most expensive part of a FTL vessel, far.
So the decision to make a non-FTL ship would be economic, which may or
may not be reflected in whatever game setting your using.

So, if FTL drives are cheap in "your game" then sure, there would be
no practical use for system-defense specific vessels with no FTL
capability.

--
Best regards,
 Flak