Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard...... Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......

Re: C.J. Cherryh

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:56:53 +0000
Subject: Re: C.J. Cherryh

>--- Roger Books <books@jumpspace.net> wrote:
>
>> As a counterpoint.  I enjoyed the Chanur books but
>> have not liked
>> most other novels by Cherryh.  Her stuff is mostly
>> political with
>> very little action.	I don't find these type stories
>> very exciting.
>
>Cherryh spends most of her time on characterization,
>political plots, and the sociology of the societies
>she creates.
>
>I find it a fascinating change of pace from my usual
>fare of David Drake and S. M. Stirling.

I am also a huge fan of Cherryh's work - it's refreshing in the way that
most of the techie bits and heavy SF stuff forms just an accepted part
of
her characters' background and life, just as it should, rather than
being
thrust at the reader with huge technobabble infodumps and spurious
exposition (oooh, lots of long words for so early in the morning....)
;-)

Good stuff. Highly recommended.

Jon (GZG)