Prev: Re: [OT] Coming to Europe for a couple of weeks ... Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......

Re: SLAM equipped Miniatures - size concerns of the miniatures themselves

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:42:39 +0000
Subject: Re: SLAM equipped Miniatures - size concerns of the miniatures themselves

Chen-song Qin wrote:

> I love CinC's stuff too.  I have a bunch of M109s that fit in
perfectly with my GHQ M1s.  They have less detail than GHQ models
though.
> I don't really find all GZG minis to be that big though.  The Triton
medium tank is just slightly smaller than a GHQ M1.  Although
> things like the Deimos are huge, they're supposed to represent huge
GEV/Grav tanks that no longer have to worry about road limitations.
> On the other hand, most Scotia Models moderns actually seem too small
to be used with GHQ models.  Anyone else noticed this problem?

Probably because the Scotia models are 1/300th scale, whereas GHQ are
1/285th. It's a fairly small scale difference, but enough to be visible.
Allow a bit of 'scale creep' as well (I have some GHQ models which are
definitely larger than their stated scale) and the difference will be
significant.

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer

Prev: Re: [OT] Coming to Europe for a couple of weeks ... Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......