Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard...... Next: Re: Laser Weapons

RE: Colonists and Weapons

From: Chen-song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:31:52 -0700
Subject: RE: Colonists and Weapons

Actually, both Communist China and the old USSR allowed people in rural
areas to have various types of hunting rifles and shotguns.  The reason
is obvious in a rural setting, where farmers/herders need to kill
predators and vermin.  In fact, there was a civilian hunting version of
the Druganov (sp.?) sniper rifle I believe.  Also, a lot of the old
militia units in China had their own AK47s and SKS's (type 56s and type
53s to be more exact).	Of course, a lot of them had spears too, but
that's a different story...

About Canadian colonies having less weapons than ESU colonies... not if
they're from Alberta :)

Increase my killing power, eh?

				 - Homer Simpson