Prev: RE: [SG] Islamic Bombers Next: RE: [SG] Islamic Bombers

Re: [FT] Wacky question

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:23:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Wacky question

--- Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:

> Validity of points noted *but* How much fuel is used
> in getting from base
> to combat and returning to base after combat?  I
> don'r know but for
> simplicity sake I would guess not enough to keep
> track of.

Well, if you put on boosters for launch and do a Space
Shuttle-style dead-stick landing, then you aren't
using ANY of your combat endurance.  Of course, this
might take a bit more time than a powered landing so
that's going to be something else you have to take
into account.

John

Prev: RE: [SG] Islamic Bombers Next: RE: [SG] Islamic Bombers