Prev: 2300 AD - GZG Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

Re: DS2 More on Cascadia: CasCav

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:50:06 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: DS2 More on Cascadia: CasCav

--- Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >Hussars, Dragoons, Grenzers?
>
> Hussars and Dragoons I'm familiar with, but Grenzers
> I'm not.  That's an
> option I hadn't considered, though.

Grenzers:  Austrian border troops, mostly Croatian in
anscestry.  Mix of light infantry skirmishers and
light horse.  Literally "Borderer".  Greek word is
"Akritai."  Between Scotland and England there was
also a "Borderer" culture which provided "Border
Horse" which were some high-quality but pretty damn
undisciplined troops.  Had a tendency to decide they
had done enough for that battle, and go loot the
baggage train.

> All good points.  The only downside is if I follow
> the 1 item/class rule.
> That means My PA element is 1,

Well, I generally don't count the PA as a
"weapon".  It's cargo.	It's your house rule, you run
with it.

John

Prev: 2300 AD - GZG Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS