Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard...... Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......

RE: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......

From: "MSN Renegade" <msnrenegade@c...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 00:23:18 -0000
Subject: RE: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......

From: ~ On Behalf Of Ground Zero Games
Sent: 28 January 2002 19:01

> We haven't done any PAU ships, and though we may well at some point
> they're a fair way down the list of potential fleets to be worked on.
> As a taster, next up will be the remainder of the Japanese classes,
> then the Free CalTex	and probably the New Israelis - there MAY also
> be a couple more Islamic classes to round off their fleet.

> But while on the point, who among you would LIKE to see a PAU fleet?
> Or a Romanov one? Or Indonesian? Or LLAR? Or Dutch, Scandinavian,
> New Indian Republic, Free People's Democratic Republic of Central
> Rutland, whatever.....?

Congratulations Jon, you've managed to flush me from my lurking.

Yes, the Japanese are very tempting, and I've forwarded some of the
shop JPGs to some parties who might be interested but wouldn't
routinely go looking.

New Israelis? Where does that leave the Brigade figures (other than
being more unoffical than before?) Or would you be licensing the
same models back off of them?

I only ask because I prefer the styling of this range over the
"soft 'n squelchy" look of the Sa'Vasku-oops-I-meant-to-say-Phalons
and the slightly Trekkie saucer hulls of the ORC. The Japanese are
more in keeping with the original ranges so could fit in nicely.

To answer an earlier posting, I don't think we would want the
canonical PHB* to stand in the way of a new range of figures.

* the historical equivalent of PSB

What ranges would I like to see? Yes, finish the Japanese and
add some more FCT, and also a few individual merchantmen if you
could do with some single ship projects. Did someone recently
mention an OU CVL? The OU desperately need some heavies.

Approaching the problem from the opposite end ("what can we
model a spaceship to look like?") I noticed that the computer
game Homeworld received some discussion in the list when it
was released late in 1999. (Keep up the good work, Jerry.
Those archives are invaluable for catching up.)
Some of the Kushan designs aren't that different from the
lighter Neu Swabians, so why not borrow some ideas back off
of Relic? Anyone else fancy a Kushan carrier?

The above is the personal blah-blah of the author and
does not reflect the opinions of his employers,
legal representatives or pet cat.

Nathan Girdler