Prev: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down? Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

From: "Scott Clinton" <grumbling_grognard@h...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:20:44 -0600
Subject: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

>Plus, given the nature of a laser beam, out of alignment for it won't
>mean inaccurate (As for a more conventional weapon),  it will mean that

>it's no longer a weapon, just a really, really bright spotlight.

The point remains that you are accepting a weapon system that is at very

best a decade or so away from protype use to one that can be produced
today
(albit with several limitations).

>Sure.	If you want, just give your settlers Cyborg Psionic Implants.
>Those should be just as plausible, right? ;-)

No, last I heard "psionics" are not CURRENTLY in use in reality.  Again,
all
it takes is a few "leaps" in LASER tech to make your issues mute.
Whereas
for things such as gauss weapons, they are not even developed enough for

anyone to say what their TRUE battlefield limitations might be (for the
first generation) of weapons.

And lets not even get into FTL travel vs robust LASER rifles and which
is
more plausable...  :-)

Prev: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down? Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS