Prev: RE: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers Next: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down?

Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

From: "Scott Clinton" <grumbling_grognard@h...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:11:25 -0600
Subject: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

>Depends on how gritty you're playing your future.
>The problem I've always had with lasers as personal
>weapons is the issue of what happens if the optic
>get jarred.  maintenance and service issues tend to
>lessen it's effectiveness as a frontier weapon.
>As a military weapon, the problem is mitigated by the
>presence of support units to service weapons.	But even then... I'd
rather
>have my soldiers/colonists carry
>somethinmg around that won't break from the get-go.

>2B^2

:-) Okay...Let me see...

In SG2 we have:
50-100 ton tanks that can hover...
rail/gauss weapons in sizes from < 10kg to multi ton sized...
power armor ...
fusion power...
...and lets not forget faster than light travel...

But, you can't buy into a more reliable, robust and slightly more
portable
version of a weapon that basically can be produced today???

:-) Hey, to each his own.

Scott

Prev: RE: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers Next: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down?