Prev: Re: [OT] Some list def'n Next: Re: [Misc] Online again

Re: SLAM equipped Miniatures - size concerns of the miniatures themselves

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:21:04 +0000
Subject: Re: SLAM equipped Miniatures - size concerns of the miniatures themselves

Glenn M Wilson wrote:

> I am looking at the Brigade Miniatures that I use for SLAM equipped
LLP
> forces in my game setting.  They are /great/ but is it just me or are
> they smaller then other SF vehicles?

I suspect they probably are slightly smaller than most other SF
manufacturers. When I made the first models I sat them next to some
1/300th moderns to make sure they looked 'about right'. Even then,
they're still slightly larger than their modern equivalents. However,
next to some GW Epic models I have (I only bought them for the infantry,
honest !!) they look rather titchy. Nevertheless, I am trying very hard
to resist the temptation to increase the size of our models.

I suspect that 6mm, just like 15mm and 25mm, is suffering from scale
creep. Some time soon we'll be renaming it '7.5mm' and then everything
will be alright again ;-)

> I don't have any (well commonly
> used) size 5 vehicles in the LLP inventory; Size 2 APC's, Size 3/4
MICV's
> and size 2/3/4 AFV's plus all the usual 'other' stuff (Cargo, armored
> cargo, ZADS, LAD, Recon, etc. platforms) so I wondering how they
> compare....  I *do* have the excellent tank (BIG!) that Eureka made to
> Derek's design, way cool, and mostly I have GHQ and C-in-C/Pfc-in-C
> moderns and WW2 conversions but I am looking at the GZG stuff (plus
> others) to create/finish out certain units.  I am concerned that there
> might be an obvious 'discrepancy' between vehicles of the same nominal
> size.  Is this micro-worrying about trivial details or is there a
clear
> size difference that might be glaring on the table?  I can PSB my way
> through if there is but I just want to have a PHB (Psuedo-Historical
B.)
> ready if there are major differences.

As long as your opponent knows what's what before the game starts, I
wouldn't worry about it (unless you start claiming that the scout car
speeding down the road is really a size 5 battle tank, in which case he
might have a cause for complaint).

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer

Prev: Re: [OT] Some list def'n Next: Re: [Misc] Online again