Prev: Re: [SG] Tau Models Next: Re: [FT] Wacky question

Re: [FT] Wacky question

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@t...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 21:16:47 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Wacky question

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 04:42:19PM -0500, Jon Davis wrote:
> Sounds like a fine idea, but you probably won't see them
> in a backwater colony or system.  A system defense carrier
> would be a major colony/homeworld asset.

Oh, I don't know about that, John.  It seems just the sort of thing
you /would/ give to a new colony you're courting for your space
empire.  Non-FTL, to keep costs down, relatively "low tech" so
maintainance can be done locally, high-manpower/low-tech to further
that agenda, and its a fine gift.

Further, if you have a purely solar power, one limited to one solar
system, its one of the means of force projection they'll already be
using on a regular basis.

--
Alexander Williams (thantos@telocity.com)   |	 http://www.chancel.org

====
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably
the  |
same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it
is|
their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to
provide|

Prev: Re: [SG] Tau Models Next: Re: [FT] Wacky question