Prev: Re: [FT] Wacky question Next: [OT] BHD

[Misc] Online again

From: "Flynn Richardson" <Flynn.Richardson@u...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:45:08 +1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)
Subject: [Misc] Online again

Whoa,

What happened to the GZG list, I mean I have a son... go away for a
while... come back expecting to see lots of AAR and discussion on what
games had been played over the Christmas period and find that my
"normality" has been shattered! They where right having a child does
totally change your life!

Thanks to all who sent their good wishes Mum and Baby are doing great 7
weeks on. Sorry I have not replied individually but I got back to work
last week and had 2375 emails to wade through! (thank god I get the list
by digest)

I managed to get in one game of FT over the period where my NSL fleet
lost
convincingly to the FSE. We tried out some trial sensor rules and I miss
guessed where my opponents main fleet body was. The sneaky devil split
out
SDN 2*BC and HC as a flanking force which I thought was just escort
vessels going for an end run. Big mistake by the time I had got a good
lock on them and realised that the larger body I was closing on was just
the escort vessels he was able to smash aside my screening force and
vaporise the depot then turn on my main force from the rear. Never mind.
It was the first time we had used our modified sensor rules and I guess
that I was a bit overconfident in thinking that I knew what "I" would do
if "I" was attacking :-\ At least we had fun.

One high light was my Waldburg surviving two turns of three SM targeting
it and blowing a way a Milan all by itself only to fall victim to a
single
Athena. From only 2 lost armour boxes to an expanding ball of gas in one
round. Its the little ones that get you every time :-)

Regards

Flynn Richardson
Special Projects Manager
Unilever Australasia

Prev: Re: [FT] Wacky question Next: [OT] BHD