Prev: RE: [SG] Suicide Bombers Next: KILLING TANKS

Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down?

From: DAWGFACE47@w...
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 09:52:37 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down?

good morning!

i am  struck dumb at the idea of anyone considering the m-16 safety
switch/fire selector being considered difficult or complicated to use .
. . .

as far as the great old .45 ACP goes, there are 3 safeties designed into
it.

the lever safety is just one.  half-cock is  two. and the  squeezable
grip safety is three.

ole slabsides made it hard for	even a moron to shoot himself or his
friends by just having the  safty lever clicked off.

i need to look, but that S&W autopistol the RCMP carry probably has a
built in safety device of some sort that does away with an external
safety.

political agenda of the  clinton administration was the that task force
ranger was  dispatched, and then denied the armor and other  support
that the commander  requested.

the late les aspin (may he burn iin hell) stood on the tv in front of
the  world and said someing to the  effect that giving the rangers the
support they wanted was not financially feasible as president  clinton
was preparing to send troops to bosnia instead.

dollar and political considerations instead of	american blood
considerations were first and foremost.

with this in mind, why did we  spend  millions to apprehend a killer
that was only worth a $25,000.00  bounty to the UN?

and why did not the UN membership ( other than the USA) provide elite
troopers  from other member countries to run this  scum and his henchmen
to ground?

afterall, this was a UN humanarian mission that the  murderer ic was
interfer ing with, and UN peacekeepers his minions were killing and
wounding?

and why after we had our  soldiers killed and  wounded by his followers
attempting to arrest him/his  henchmen, did the USA haul him around on
USAF transport with US security until he met his  end?

the whole somalia operation, to me, appeared to be stupid, risky, and a
perfect example of mission creep.

dawgie

Prev: RE: [SG] Suicide Bombers Next: KILLING TANKS