Prev: Re: System defense ship designs Next: Re: [SG] Suicide Bombers

[FT] Wacky question

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 00:18:34 EST
Subject: [FT] Wacky question

Okay, a strange little question (from a strange little man) - Talking
about System defense Ships:

"Why not have a Non-FTL Carrier for system defense?"

The idea worked as follows:

1) Fighters have fuel constraints
2) Bases (Planet) are long transit times to and from combat
3) Stations (or planetoids) are frequently not where they are needed and
can't get there quickly
4) Non-FTL Carriers can maneuver to position themselves in position to
launch fighters supporting FTL/Non-FTL craft defending a system
5) The loss of a FTL drive leaves more room for Bays, PDS, primary
weapons

Not saying I'm for or against the idea - feedback solicited.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: System defense ship designs Next: Re: [SG] Suicide Bombers