Prev: For John A- military equipment insurance Next: DS2 (and WW2) landing craft.

Re: Convoy Escort Carriers (ACVE)

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:18:23 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Convoy Escort Carriers (ACVE)

--- Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:

> What size would you suggest would be optimum for
> this role?  What would
> your design look like in design terms?

Antioch class Escort Carrier
Displacement: 10600 tonnes (Mass factor 106)
Hull Type: Weak (Hull Integrity 21)
Crew: 15 officers, 91 ratings (Crew Factor 6) plus
flight crew
Armament: 2xClass 1 Battery, 1xClass 2 Battery (FH)
Sensors: Standard sensors, 1xFire Control
Defenses: 4xPDS, Armor rating 3, Level 1 Shields
Drive Systems: Main Drive rating 4, FTL Drive
Procurement cost: 3690 Million Noumisma, plus fighters
Hanger Bays: 4 bays each holding 6 fighters

Usual Loadout is 4xStandard flights. 72 points

If you want something smaller I can try and slim it
down.  I'd suggest that less than 4 fighter groups
makes it of very limited effectiveness.

> What fighter types would be your mix if the ship
> carried three fighter
> groups?  Four? Two?

Standard.  Possibly heavy--that's a budget
consideration.	Assuming you'll only have 1 carrier
per convoy, your threat is too varied and your margin
of error is too small to specialize.

John

Prev: For John A- military equipment insurance Next: DS2 (and WW2) landing craft.