Prev: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers Next: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW

Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 14:53:33 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

--- Scott Clinton <grumbling_grognard@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> >>  Besides, that last sentence only makes sense if
> your
> culture places value on human life.  We're talking
> about Muslims, so that's not a factor.
>

> Ah for God's sake!!
>
> Lets NOT go here.  These sorts of ignorant, racist
> statement needs to be
> keep off list <period>

Point of Fact:

Islam is a religion.

Arabic is an ethnicity.

Semetic is a race.

At no point have I made a statement about "Semetic"
peoples because there are very few statements that
apply to even a majority of them.

I have made impolite statements about Arabs in
general.  There's a lot to say on that subject--with
the caveat that I have met more than a few who are
Antiochian Orthodox Christians who are good people who
I like.

However, a statement about Islam and it's warping
effects on it's followers is not racist.  There are
Muslims of every racial category.  To include John
Walker, who is (near as I can tell) another Northern
European-descended American like myself.

And he is anathema to me, just as is Mohammad and all
his other followers.

John

Prev: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers Next: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW