Prev: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW Next: Re: [DS2] Aerospace design question #1

Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

From: JRebori682@a...
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 11:26:07 EST
Subject: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

In a message dated 1/26/02 9:38:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
laserlight@quixnet.net writes:

> Richard Bell wrote:
>
> > Nobody has suicide squads until after the war has been lost.
>
> With enough training/brainwashing, I don't see why not.  There was a
> sect in the middle east a few years ago (AD1300-1400 or thereabouts,
> IIRC) where the men castrated themselves.

 For that matter we had a suicidal sect whose men castrated themselves
in
California just a few years ago, Didn't make any of them useful soldiers
in a
winning cause. Even well indoctrinated humans know they can only do this

once, unlike for example a banzai charge where there are going to be
some
survivors for next time. Its only good use is when the situation is
desperate.

And parenthetically, while I have no problem with your playing with
suicide
bombers, its a little too close to home for me right now and maybe for
some
time. You might want to make sure none of your regular opponents have
the
same sort of problems with them. Just to avoid any unpleasant feelings
at the
table.

John Rebori
Never surrender
Never forget
Sept 11, 2001

Prev: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW Next: Re: [DS2] Aerospace design question #1