Prev: Re: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW Next: Re: [SG] comparing SG

Re: DS2 More on Cascadia: CasCav

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:52:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: DS2 More on Cascadia: CasCav

--- Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've decided to mix the old, romanticized uses of
> Cavalry with more modern
> uses to come up with CasCav's three main missions:
> Recon in Force for main
> forces, Rapid deployment/response, and Planetary
> Colony Garrisons

Hussars, Dragoons, Grenzers?

> CasCav does include Infantry, but all PA.  For roles
> where their mission
> mirrors the Armor/MechInf roles, the basic packs are
> a tank and APC pack.
> For LRP/Garrison/Recon roles, the pack will be more
> of a MICV/Merkava type
> pack.  Any suggestions/Comments?

OK, given that you want reasonably armament and a
infantry complement which must be PA:

It'll take 8 capacity points for 1 team.
You want a size 1 weapon (MDC, likely because Grav has
FGP anyway) for direct fire.  3 cap points.
And either GMS/L and 2 APSWs or GMS/H.	I personally
like the 2 APSWs and the GMS/L.  You've got hellacious
capability vs. light armor and infantry.  Since you're
mostly fighting enemy recon assets, and fighting
delaying actions vs. his main force you don't need the
smack-down ability of the GMS/H.  If tanks show up,
you're going to be outclassed anyway, so why tempt
fate by giving your cav troopers the illusion of being
tank hunters?

Prev: Re: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW Next: Re: [SG] comparing SG