Prev: [OT] Coming to Europe for a couple of weeks ... Next: Re: Genres & Backgrounds

Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW

From: David Brewer <david@b...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 21:11:25 +0000
Subject: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW

> (I have thought that it would be a lot of fun to set some games --
RPGs,
> perhaps, as well as miniatures -- in the aftermath of the death of the
> Emperor and the collapse of the Imperium.  The death of the big guy
would
> have a catastrophic effect upon much of the setting, and provide lots
of
> room for playing around with the remaining bits.)

One piece of background that GW seem to have abandoned long ago is
the "Star Child". When the Emperor finally dies he will be reborn
as the Star Child. A golden age will begin.

I thought that was a stroke of genius... all that effort expended
to keep the Emperor alive as an unthinking astro-navigation beacon
and preserve a grim bureaucratic status quo, when all they have to
do is let him die to usher in happy days.

--
David Brewer

"It is foolishness and endless trouble to cast a stone at every

Prev: [OT] Coming to Europe for a couple of weeks ... Next: Re: Genres & Backgrounds