Prev: Genres & Backgrounds Next: RE: Genres & Backgrounds

Re: [FT] Thinking of new ship designs

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:48:17 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Thinking of new ship designs

Noam Izenberg wrote:

> Jon wrote:
>
> > There is always SOMEONE (probably several
> > someones, actually) who will do the  <begin nasal whining voice>
"Why
> > has
> > this design got two class 2 and two class 3 batteries, but the
model's
> > got
> > four turrets all the same size...?" <end nasal whining voice>
bit.......

> > But, having done it with Jap ships, I suppose I'm going to have to
make
> > the
> > stats at least SOMETHING  like the models.....
>
> Don't give in! There's a zillion and one ways to get whatever stats
you
> want into whatever model you want with different PSB.
>
> _Obviously_ the first two turrets are Class 3 Ruby-core beams (painted
> metal-red) whereas the other two are class 2 Sapphires (painted
> metal-blue) - or - the 4 turrets are _obviously_ double-mounts that
act
> as a single class three beam each, whereas the class 2 beams come from
> those emitter domes on the side of the ship...

I go with the philosophy that the weapons shown on FT SSDs are
*representative*
of the weapons the ship (and/or mini) is carrying.
I mean, there isn't ANY way one could model all the weapons shown
on some ships which are just bristling with guns (Superior Models'
starships - now under license of KR I believe! - come to mind first)

Prev: Genres & Backgrounds Next: RE: Genres & Backgrounds