Prev: [DS2]GEV Artillery minis Next: Re: [FT] Thinking of new ship designs

RE: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:35:21 -0500
Subject: RE: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

Scott
>If they are hit on the way in, I don't think the bomb should detonate.
>think that tech would be good enough that this would not be an issue,
or at
>least it would be very, very rare for a bomb to explode by accident.

BB2
>Unless they WANT them to explode on being shot, as a failsafe measure.

Yes, the question is "do you rig it with a deadman trigger?"  Sorry,
should have been more clear with that.

Scott
>However, committing suicide at JUST the right time is a tricky think,
>witness any given day in Israel :-(.	I think perhaps another check of

>some sort to see if they detonate too early or something.

I thought about that, but these are not improvised explosives made in
your sink--these are charges made up by military demolitions people for
use by the army.  I would concur if the suicide bombers were guerillas /
amateurs / terrorists--such people could easily be part of a scenario,
but I'm specifically talking about army units here.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: [DS2]GEV Artillery minis Next: Re: [FT] Thinking of new ship designs