Prev: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW Next: Re: [SG] comparing SG

Re: [FT] Thinking of new ship designs

From: Tim Gray <tgray@a...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:09:54 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Thinking of new ship designs

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 18:43:26 +0000
Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.keme.co.uk> wrote:

Nah, I disagree... I would actually prefer something to the effect that
WYSIWYG is NOT required to play.  That would protect the feel of the
game as far as open-ness goes.	If there is a hint of WYSIWYG being
preferred, then the rules-mongers will get into the game and hose up
what looks to be a very fun game to play.

That being said, having the option to customize your ships with a
modular design sounds great!  If nothing else, it would enable people
who are scratch-building their own ships to take some shortcuts by using
the weapons provided for the weapon mounts.

--Flak
  But what do I know, I just read the 2nd edition over the past couple
of days...