Prev: Re:[OT?]Dangerous Alian Wildlife Next: Re: Re:[OT?]Dangerous Alian Wildlife

Re: GW was: comparing SG

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 06:22:11 +0100
Subject: Re: GW was: comparing SG

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@voicenet.com>
> >That was a _question_? The 40K background _never_ looked to have any
> >good guys in it. The Imperium is a bunch of power-mad religious
> >fanatics; the Eldar are ruthless survivalists with the usual
> >superiority complex; I'm not even going to bother describing the Orks
> >and the Tyranids; the various Chaos/Dark Whatever forces are, by
> >definition, evil; and I've seen nothing to make me think the Tau are
> >any better.
>
> I've gotten the impression that the Tau are supposed to be at least
> somewhat better.  The idea of the Tau being a civilization on the rise
--
> as oppposed to the obviously declining Imperium -- has some appeal to
me.

My impression too. From the White Dwarfs I've read, the Tau may not be
exactly the good guys, but they have at least what we would recognize as
reasonable attitudes. There are also reports of humans living fairly
well on
planets conquered by the Tau - dsmissed as propaganda by the imprium, of
course. And the Tau have a decent technology and a healthy attitude to
it.

Quite refreshing after the bloody awful Dark Eldar background.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re:[OT?]Dangerous Alian Wildlife Next: Re: Re:[OT?]Dangerous Alian Wildlife