Prev: Re: [SG] Evil Empire Next: Re: [SG] comparing SG

Re: [FT,DSII] From MT Re: Ortillery

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:36:17 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT,DSII] From MT Re: Ortillery

Brian Bilderback wrote:

> Which reminds me a lot of a sourcebook I have for the Renegade Legion
> Universe, Operation Distant Fire, which has scenarios for Aerospace (I
> forget the RenLeg gaming system name/possibly applicable to FT), Small
unit
> actions (Legionnaire to SG?), and larger unit actions (Centurion to
DS2?) -
> could make for an interesting generic campaign.
>
> Brian B2

RL universe scope and game:

Legionaire:	   RPG
Centurion:	  squad level ground combat (units were squads and
single
vehicles)
Interceptor:	    Combat between one- and two- seat spacefighters
Leviathan:	  combat between spacefleets and groups of fighters
(FT-like)
Prefect:	    Planetary assaults, units were squdrons of ships,
legions of
men and wings of fighters (more or less).

Centurion and Interceptor are very good (IMHO).  Leviathan has a badly
broken
design system, but plays reasonably well.

Prev: Re: [SG] Evil Empire Next: Re: [SG] comparing SG