Prev: RE: [FMAS] FMASuper Next: RE: [FMAS] Fantasy

Re: Re[2]: [OT] Black Hawk Down

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:24:51 -0600
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [OT] Black Hawk Down

> War story:  I was in Somalia (left shortly before the Blackhawk went
> down) and we were confiscating weapons.  Many of the weapons we
> confiscated were cheap chinese knock-offs of the venerable M-16.  I
> noted that without exception the front sight post was hacked off.  I
> asked one of the interpreters "why" and when he came back with an
> answer it was "Because it gets in the way, they can't aim with that
> thing in the way of looking over the top of the barrel."

( From my friend 1SG of the BTRY there)
The worse point is the artillery battery had a fire mission ready
that could have taken out all those reinforcements that were
pouring in from other parts of the city, effectively stooped it
before it went a as badly as it did.....(Well at least the extraction
would have  been supported.) Make a long story short they
were not allowed to fire.

Prev: RE: [FMAS] FMASuper Next: RE: [FMAS] Fantasy