Prev: Re: [SG] comparing SG Next: Re: GZG Store

Re: [SG] comparing SG

From: bbrush@u...
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 08:57:34 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG] comparing SG

I agree, and you will note they are the one stand-alone race that GW cut
and never brought back.  :-)

Bill
former squat player (circa 1991)

		    Ryan Gill

		    <rmgill@mindspring.com>	    To:
gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
		    Sent by:			    cc:

		    owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Be	    Subject:	 Re:
[SG] comparing SG
		    rkeley.EDU

		    01/24/02 08:45 AM

		    Please respond to gzg-l

At 10:10 AM +0000 1/24/02, Phillip Atcliffe wrote:

>That was a _question_? The 40K background _never_ looked to have any
>good guys in it. The Imperium is a bunch of power-mad religious
>fanatics; the Eldar are ruthless survivalists with the usual
>superiority complex; I'm not even going to bother describing the Orks
>and the Tyranids; the various Chaos/Dark Whatever forces are, by
>definition, evil; and I've seen nothing to make me think the Tau are
>any better.

Umm, the Squats were generally good. They mostly wanted to be left to
mine their ores and build their technology. They eeked out a living
on high grav worlds that everyone else didn't want. Sounds pretty
benign to me. They even pretty much got along with the Imperium (for
the most part)....

>The whole concept of the 40K universe is a Dark Future(tm) in which
>There Is Only War(tm). There is no optimism, no honour (only twisted
>reflections of it), no trust, and the whole thing "works" purely on the
>basis of Might Makes Right.

Squats had lots of Honor.

>That's one of the reasons why I loathe GW. This is not a concept that I
>think should be aimed at children.

Heh....Things were better when there were squats...imho....

--
Ryan Gill	  |	   |

Prev: Re: [SG] comparing SG Next: Re: GZG Store