Prev: GZG Store Next: Re: [SG] comparing SG

RE: Re: [SG] Evil Empire

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:09:40 -0500
Subject: RE: Re: [SG] Evil Empire

From: Alan and Carmel Brain aebrain@austarmetro.com.au
>As for those who never do see beyond the veneer, and there are many,
it reminds us all that what happened in Germany could happen here and
now,
unless we're careful.

*Is* happening now, eg in Sudan.

>As for the dark Future: consider the dillemma of someone in Hungary,
say,
in 1940. Which is worse, Hitler's Germany or Stalin's Russia? And when
faced with a choice of two Evils, how do you choose neither?

Move to the US in 1938 or 39.  Sometimes you can ignore the world around
you and get away with it, but sometimes you have to say "my entire life
savings for a 3rd class ticket?  such a deal!"	It's not fun to arrive
in a foreign country where you don't know anyone, don't speak the
language and have only $17 in your pocket...but it's more fun than
Siberia.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: GZG Store Next: Re: [SG] comparing SG