Prev: Re: [SG] comparing SG Next: Re: 6mm Trees

Re:6mm Trees

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@a...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:17:13 +1100
Subject: Re:6mm Trees

May I recommend:

Pack of 204 (!) mixed trees
http://www.busch-model.com/katalog/e/artikel/6333-z.htm

Pack of 100 Pine trees (I have dozens of these packs for my
wife's model railway - she lets me use the spares)
http://www.busch-model.com/katalog/e/artikel/6599-z.htm

Here's how they look with a few OGREs :
http://members.tripod.com/panpacalliance/15205c80.jpg

While I'm on the subject (this is being posted to a few
6mm groups), have a squizz at GW's Epic scale plastic ruins:
http://members.tripod.com/panpacalliance/3c874d90.jpg
You should be able to get some sprues of these 2nd hand.
Dunno if GW still makes em. If so, it will be via mail-order
in the UK only.

Sorry about the ferschlugginer tripod popups. Just minimise
em and ignore.

BTW for those who have a look at the headers:

OGRE is Steve Jackson's classic game about monstrous cybertanks
that can shrug off small nukes. SJ's recently released or
re-released 1/285 minis for em. There are a variety of near-future
vehicles, not just Ogres. The infantry for some reason is 10mm
rather than 6mm, so I use Epic Space Marines. Just my preference.

Epic is GW's "Epic 40k" game. Good, simple rules, by far the
best and least unrealistic of GW's offerings. Reserves, out-of-contact
moves, firefights as well as close combat and artillery duels.
Infantry figs are both good and cheap. Vehicles are great if you're
into the terminally Gothic look, or for Orks, Comedy relief.
Though the Eldar look suitably Alien. They'd make good vehicles for
DS2....

GZG make Full Thrust 2, Star Grunt 2 and Dirtside 2 - I only play
FT, not the 28mm SG2 or 6mm DS2. But if you want WH40k without
the arrant nonsense, try SG2. I've never tried DS2 - 2 sets of
SF 6mm rules are enough for me :-)

Prev: Re: [SG] comparing SG Next: Re: 6mm Trees