Prev: Re: Re: [FMABrigade] Next: Re: [SG] comparing SG

Re: [FT] S'V new systems

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:21:17 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] S'V new systems

Charles Taylor wrote:

> * Seekers: Interesting idea - ATM they are
>
> Requires 2 biomass + 4 power from repair pool to grow

Having done some calcs with human ships with MT missiles, 2 biomass and
2 energy still puts them well below the MT missile treshold. I'd
personlly go with that.

> Grown in drone womb as fighters (capacity 3 seekers/womb)
>
> Function as MT missile (2d6 damage or as needle missile)

Correct.

> * EMP Pods
>
> IIRC these are already mentioned in the WDA, as well as my own take on
> the idea, the Gunge Pod (works by gluing stuff up, rather than zapping
> it)

Slightly different workings. The EMP I set forward had the same game
effect as an MT missile EMP warhead. 1 biomass 5 energy

> * Plasma/Burst Pods
>
> I agree that these should be limited to a 1-dice version.

1 biomass 5 energy

> A further pod type, that would require some kind of sensor rules is
the
> recce pod
>
> It is launched from a pod launcher, flys like a fighter (maybe a
> long-range fighter), it has no weapons, but carries a small sensor
node
> on board - it flys around and looks at things :-)

You could make a fighter group of 1 in a womb.

Jaime

Prev: Re: Re: [FMABrigade] Next: Re: [SG] comparing SG