Prev: I'm back again Next: [FT] S'V new systems

black hawk down

From: jwojtas@c...
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:49:29 -0600
Subject: black hawk down

Did anyone catch the history channel show, 'the true story of black hawk
down'? I am pretty sure it was history channel.
It covered much of what the book did. It interviewed people involved in
it
(US and somalian). It is supposed to be on again. i would recommend
watching it.  It covers some of the political situation and explains
more
of what/why the somalis did what they did (like UN  helicopters killing
50+
people a week before at a meeting of people supposedly trying to get
Addid
to be less warlike).  It does not cover many of the command decisions,
or
lack there of.	I really think it compliments the movie.

I too was surprised by the rangers shock at death in combat, even in the
interviews with the former soldiers, i was surprised that some still
seemed
shocked by death of comrades. I am only a few chapters in thebook and i
think the book does a good job of explaining how they thought they were
'invincible'.  Also, the show mentions how the rangers looked up to the
Delta troops and when one of them went down, the rangers took a morale
hit.

One more thing, at the end of the show the showed a female somolian
community leader and she said how after the us troops left the food and
aid
stopped. And they ended it there. i really wanted to know if she was
surprised by that. What did she and other somolians (not the warlords
obviously) think would happen.

Prev: I'm back again Next: [FT] S'V new systems