Prev: Re: Re: [FMABrigade] Next: I'm back again

Re: [OT] Black Hawk Down

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:57:28 -0800
Subject: Re: [OT] Black Hawk Down

laserlight Wrote:

>www.foxnews.com has a story about the reactions of Somalians to a
>bootlegged copy of BHD.   The part that I found most interesting was:
>"After the Sept. 11 attacks in New York and Washington, President Bush
>added Al-Itihaad al-Islami, a Somali Islamic group, to the list of
>terrorist organizations with alleged ties to Usama bin Laden's Al Qaeda

>network."
>
>"al-itihaad al-Islami" means "Islamic Federation"...

A friend of mine saw a news report, maybe the same one.  He said what
stuck
out was the fact that all the Somalis being interviewed said what an
unfair
characterization of Somalia it was, yet, in the background the moview
was
being played again, and every time an American soldier was hit, the
Somali
audience would cheer.  They also tried to say that the movie showed what

great warriors the somalis were, and that that was the reason for the
fiasco.  Hmmmmm..... How many Somalis were killed in that fight?

Brian B2

Prev: Re: Re: [FMABrigade] Next: I'm back again