Prev: Re: [FMABrigade] Next: Re: [FT] Ships Gallery (DS2 ID Please)

Re: [FMAS] FMASuper

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:52:59 -0800
Subject: Re: [FMAS] FMASuper

Andrew Martin wrote:

> > "Okay, the thug shoots you with a .22 pistol."
> > "Ha! Doesn't he know I'm UltraDude? I give him a steely grin as I
stand
>there and take it."
> > "Okay, he hits, rolls a d4 for damage, and it's a 4."
> > "Yawn.  I roll my d100 defense and...01...."
> > "Beat you by x4, that's Instant Death, isn't it?"
> >
> > One of the flaws with the FMA system--I'd rather have "5d10+50"
instead
>of
>just getting bigger dice.
>
>That's just one of the reasons, why I prefer not to work out a quality
of
>success on just one roll.

This touches on the reasons FMAS seems unsuited to RPG's - the variety
of
skill levels for RPG heroic or superheroic characters, as well as the
level
of superability many RPG'ers want in their characters.	Has anyone
worked on
this particular issue?

Brain B2

Prev: Re: [FMABrigade] Next: Re: [FT] Ships Gallery (DS2 ID Please)