Prev: Re: [SG] comparing SG Next: Re: [SG] comparing SG

[FMAS] FMASuper, was Re: [OT] Champions

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:57:20 -0500
Subject: [FMAS] FMASuper, was Re: [OT] Champions

Roger B said:
>The game system allows such a range of powers that munchkinism
can run rampant unless you have a GM that puts his own stamp
on the game.  The usual problem is combat people need to drop
back and think of roleplaying instead of min-maxxing.

My favorite character was one who was specifically designed to be able
to deal with normals and agents, but not able to damage supers with even
moderately high defenses--that forced our team to cooperate ("you hold
him, I'll haymaker him") and also forced ingenuity ("My punches aren't
making him blink...I pull a jacket off the coatrack and toss it over his
head  While he's getting that off, I yank open the closet door and look
for a fire extinguisher, or cleaning chemicals...")

To drag this onto topic...for FMAS SuperHero, perhaps we could have
supers dealing out multiple-die punchs/energy blasts, and multiple dice
of defenses, along the lines of vehicles?  Or is there a better idea?

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [SG] comparing SG Next: Re: [SG] comparing SG