Prev: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down? Next: Re: [OT] Dice Servers

Re: [OT] Champions

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:14:10 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Champions

At 10:27 PM 1/22/02 -0500, you wrote:
>> All superhero RPGs are inherently sucky.
>
>That turns out not to be the case (ie, you're wrong).
>
>>  I played one once <snip>.  Got bored inside a week.
>
>And on the basis of this week's experience you presume to judge all of
>them?

Mr. Atkinson's good at judging, it seems.  I'm just glad to see that
he's
got a hobby.

>As it happens, I played Champions 2-3 times a week for four years with
>2 GMs (one of whom was Rob Bell, who edited one edition) and would
>still be playing if I had players around.  In our case, we had good
>players and good GMs.	I leave it to you to judge whether you lacked a
>good GM, a good player, or both.

Actually, it's worth nothing that "Godlike", a supers game set during
WWII,
is due out in a few weeks.  Written by some of the folks who gave us
Delta
Green, it appears to be a very well-thought out and designed game.  It's
going to be a huge book, and I've been looking forward to it for months
now.

http://www.hobgoblynn.com/GODLIKE.html is the home page, although it's
not
responding right now.  Probably being worked on; they update it almost
daily.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim

Prev: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down? Next: Re: [OT] Dice Servers