Prev: Re: [OT] Dice Servers Next: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down?

Re: [SG] comparing SG

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:34:46 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG] comparing SG

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:28:55 -0800, Michael Llaneza
<maserati@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>FWIW, ASL does play pretty well - but you DO need a veteran (ASL) to
>teach it to you.

Not precisely...

I haven't played it in ages. I do, however, have the self-training
stuff.
There's "Paratrooper", which helps a lot. It takes you through the
basics of
the game in a pretty easy to learn, programmed method. I also have the
article
from The General which teaches you almost all the rules in a programmed
method. You can learn the game using this one package and the articles.
It's
very hard just by reading the rules (to be honest, it can be done; I
learned
SQL by reading the IBM SQL/VS manual...).

On the other hand, I learned the basics of Stargrunt after the second
turn of
my first game. I can do pretty much all the same stuff, although at a
smaller
scale, in a shorter time period. It's more fun since I'm at an age when
don't have the amount of time to devote to these things as I'd like. I'm
considering selling my ASL stuff for that reason.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@att.net

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,
   "Jack B. Quick, Boy Inventor"

Prev: Re: [OT] Dice Servers Next: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down?